Are you tired of having wood stains on your carpet? Well, we have prepared this guide on how to get wood stain out of carpet to help you out. Check it out!
We always make sure that our carpets won’t encounter materials or chemicals that will cause tough stains in it as they only prolong our time in cleaning it.
However, there are times where we fail to anticipate the source of tough stains such as wood stains from our furniture. Wood stains are made up of different chemical components which are the reason why we can’t easily remove them once they penetrated our carpets.
Fortunately, we have prepared this guide on how to get wood stain out of carpet with ease. But before that, you have to first prepare the following:
- Carpet stain remover
- Carpet cleaner
- Damp and dry old cloth or rag
- Clean cloth
- Carpet steamer
- Rubber gloves
- Lukewarm water
- Paper towel
How to Get Wood Stain out of Carpet: Step-by-Step Instructions
The first solution that you need is the carpet stain remover. However, don’t apply it immediately to all the stained area of your carpet. It is important for your test it first to avoid risking the good appearance of your carpet. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Get your carpet stain remover and pour a small portion in a small area of your carpet that is being stained. Check if the carpet stain remover is compatible with your carpet or if it will not fade the original color of your carpet. If it won’t discolor your carpet, you can move on to the next step. But if it discoloured it, you have to find a carpet stain remover that is compatible.
2. After testing the compatibility of your carpet and the carpet stain remover, it is time to prepare the stained part of your carpet. Apply the carpet stain remover to all parts of the carpet. This is to loosen up the wood stain grime.
3. Get your carpet cleaner and let it set in the stained area for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, start rubbing the carpet cleaner in a circular motion into the carpet.
4. Remove the carpet cleaner and prepare your iron. Set it to low heat. Prepare warm or lukewarm water then get an old cloth or rag and soak it on the warm water. Place the damp cloth over the stained area. Then, place the low-heated iron over the damp cloth. This is to steam the stained area which helps in the loosening of the wood stain molecules.
5. After removing the low-heated iron and cleaning the area with the damp cloth, you are now going to prepare your carpet steamer. Steam the cleaned area once again using your carpet steamer. After that, get a dry cloth or rag and slight scrub it on the stain.
6. After applying your carpet steamer and rubbing the stained part with a dry cloth, wear your rubber gloves. Prepare your acetone and a clean cloth. Constantly blot the stained part of the carpet with acetone until the wood stain disappears.
Now that you’re done reading this guide on how to get wood stain out of carpet, it is time to collect the necessary materials for you to clean or remove the wood stain in your carpet. Just make sure that you have the necessary materials for the cleaning process.
The entire cleaning process might be a bit complicated since it requires a lot of materials, yet it is worth it in terms of sustaining the good appearance of your carpet. For very tough stains, the one-time process is not enough. In case you have done the whole process but still found a small stain on your carpet, you should repeat it once again until its completely removed.